Scaremongering but who’s doing it?
Finance Minister Brian Lenihan also warned yesterday that if Irish voters snubbed the treaty the result would “shatter international confidence” and lead to continued scarcity of funding and increased borrowing costs.(Looking for a yes vote)
A ‘No’ vote in next month’s lisbon Treaty referendum could result in the interest bill on Ireland’s national debt jumping by up to €900m a year according to Indecon
(Looking for a Yes vote )
A NO vote in the upcoming Lisbon Treaty referendum would represent a “spiritual withdrawal”, from Europe, Minister for Finance Brian Lenihan has warned. (Looking for a Yes vote)
A Yes vote in the referendum would earn Ireland the continued goodwill and support of the EU in tackling the banking crisis, he added.
Mr Gormley “It would be entirely counterproductive to vote “The whole emphasis in terms of the European recovery is a green recovery [which can provide] jobs, jobs, jobs.” Echoing the sentiments of other pro-Lisbon political leaders, “It would be a huge mistake to focus on national issues when this is a campaign to get us out of recession,” he said. (Looking for a yes vote)
How to win a referendum:
1. On top of high VRT, introduce a Green (Party) carbon tax, and just to be on the safe side, impose a €200 a year work parking tax, just for daring to have a job!
2. Make the citizens vote a second time, even though they said No – but make sure you don’t change the wording.
3. Have on the Yes side a millionaire car salesman, like Bill Cullen, who opposed changes to the infamous VRT, and is the biggest over priced merchant for the Renault spear parts in the country(Nice one Bill!)
4 . Have Ryanair on the Government side, who are best known for their F-Service , saying there are a millions reasons to vote Yes (excluding taxes and charges), and (Baggage charges Now approaching 100 euro per bag) then have the same Government introduce a €10 travel tax, contrary to EU law of freedom of movement between member-states.
5 . In case the European Central Bank doesn’t hype up mortgage rates any time soon, re-introduce water rates and a property tax on every family home in Ireland, while at the same time making taxpayers bail out the bankers and the builders.
6 . Make sure Brian Cowen leads the Yes campaign.
7 . Have crooks running FAS
8 . Have people like John O’Donoghue become Ceann Comhairle in the Dail
9 . Create Toxic Banks to help your buddies in the Banks and the Building
10 . Keep corrupt Politicians in places of power
11 .TAX the Sh*** out of the ordinary people
12 Tell them you are going to crucify them in the coming December Budget
13. Make a complete mess of the Economy, and blame it on the ordinary people
For having paid extortion prices for their own homes
14. Put a Tax on those homes, let say 1000 Euro on average for every home in
15 .when you hold a referendum keep going back to the people until you get the right result (the one you want)
Keep corrupt Bankers in their High paying Jobs at Bankrupt Banks
17. Allow these same Banks (Now with Government appointed Directors) to
Overcharge their own customers, and then, clam that it was a computer error when found out.
18. Allow dodgy Building Developers stroll into the courts of the land and present fantasy valuations as a means to dance around The Supreme Court rulings
When 80 families are turned out, and lose their overpriced homes every week, sold to them by these developers in the first place
19 . Make it blatantly obvious, that there is one law for the rich, and another law for the poor in this country
20. Tell everyone that NAMA is the only game in town and we the people must pay the gambling debts of the super rich of the country.
That should do it!