by Rebekah Wilce —
(Source: March Against Monsanto Madison)Frustrated with Monsanto’s bullying of governments and farmers in the United States and abroad, tens of thousands of activists around the world will “March Against Monsanto” on Saturday, May 25, according to organizers.
Marches on six continents, in 36 countries, and in 47 U.S. states — totaling events in over 250 cities — are coordinated to occur simultaneously at 11am Pacific time. A Facebook page founded in February has been instrumental in organizing the events.
Goals of the march’s organizers include:
- “Voting with your dollar by buying organic and boycotting Monsanto-owned companies that use GMOs in their products.
- “Labeling of GMOs so that consumers can make those informed decisions easier.
- “Repealing relevant provisions of the US’s ‘Monsanto Protection Act.‘
- “Calling for further scientific research on the health effects of GMOs.
- “Holding Monsanto executives and Monsanto-supporting politicians accountable through direct communication, grassroots journalism, social media, etc.
- “Continuing to inform the public about Monsanto’s secrets.
- “Taking to the streets to show the world and Monsanto that we won’t take these injustices quietly.”
- Frankenfarms labels GOMs, prepares to March on Monsanto on May 25 (indybay.org)
- Monsanto Declares a Sneaky Social Media War Against Protesters (activistpost.com)
- March Against Monsanto Is The Beginning of The End For Monsanto (consciouslifenews.com)
- Monsanto strikes back (notthesingularity.com)
- 2nd Call – March Against Monsanto – May 25, 2013 (anonymater.wordpress.com)